What - Graduation
Where - Capitol Theatre
When - Friday, June 10, 2011
Sooo proud of my Mom! She graduated with honors and received her Associates Degree from Steven's Henager College! What an accomplishment! :) Goes to show that anything is possible with hard work, dedication, making sacrifices and having a positive attitude!
So after I got off of work, I went straight to my Mom's house to meet my sisters, cousin and Aunt. We rushed around to a few stores to do some last minute shopping....and after my daily dose of caramel frappuccino, it was time to head home to get ready. Playing dress-up with my Mom is a rare occasion so I took full advantage of this moment to really doll her up! :) Not that this woman needs any of it - but after a little bit of make-up, hairspray to hold the curls and garb fit for a graduate.....VOILA!
We headed over to Capitol Theatre and can I just say...standing in that line, in a small lobby with no air-conditioner, with tons of people breathing heavily was sooo not the business! Lol! After the longest 30 minutes of my life, we were finally allowed to head in and find our seats. I found that playing the game "Where's Waldo" can be tough at a graduation ceremony given that everybody is dressed the same, but in my Mom's case, it was easy to find the 6' ft Samoan Beauty! :) My cousin Chris and I ran over to take a quick pic and thankgoodness mines turned out better than his...Lol! I got a pic of both my Mom and Step-dad...these 2 look so happy! :) The only thing I hate about graduations is how long they are...this graduation was no different! Sitting through the typical commencements speeches and musical numbers was all worth it though! After the paparazzi finished up the night with family pictures, it was off to dinner we went! My Mom is a BIG seafood lover, so what better way to end her special day with a bucket of the best from Joe's Crab Shack! Yum! :)
We headed over to Capitol Theatre and can I just say...standing in that line, in a small lobby with no air-conditioner, with tons of people breathing heavily was sooo not the business! Lol! After the longest 30 minutes of my life, we were finally allowed to head in and find our seats. I found that playing the game "Where's Waldo" can be tough at a graduation ceremony given that everybody is dressed the same, but in my Mom's case, it was easy to find the 6' ft Samoan Beauty! :) My cousin Chris and I ran over to take a quick pic and thankgoodness mines turned out better than his...Lol! I got a pic of both my Mom and Step-dad...these 2 look so happy! :) The only thing I hate about graduations is how long they are...this graduation was no different! Sitting through the typical commencements speeches and musical numbers was all worth it though! After the paparazzi finished up the night with family pictures, it was off to dinner we went! My Mom is a BIG seafood lover, so what better way to end her special day with a bucket of the best from Joe's Crab Shack! Yum! :)

I want to take this time to tell my Mom how much I love her! She is one of my best friends and I can go to her for anything! She has a big heart and is always willing to go the extra mile! She is a beautiful woman with an awesome personality! Her example has taught me that no matter what or how long it takes....you CAN do it! I am so proud of you Mom! You are the BEST!
Love Always....


1 comment:
Umm scuse me heffa dont be hatin on my pix! Your mom looked "precious" in both of them, and if it hadnt been for her MAKING me delete them, trust that they'd be all over the internet! lol Just another fun, crazy memory with the fam that I was glad to be apart of!
Post a Comment